This article focuses on a complex land properties transaction performed in Lombardy in 1317 by the women's Benedictine abbey of St. Victor of Meda, close to Milan, with two main partners: The religious community of St. Bartholomew of Monza, belonging to the penitential Order of the Humiliati, and the dominus Corrado Lambertenghi, member of one of Como's most important aristocratic families. Disclosed by a small record of documentary charter nowadays preserved in the archives of St. Victor, this transaction gives a dynamic portrait of the land between Milan and Como at the beginning of xivth century. In addition, by retracing its main steps, we will observe how its key players' economic choices were influenced by the political consequences, at local and regional levels, of the ongoing conflict between the Avignon Papacy and the Ghibellines Visconti, lords of Milan.
|Number of pages||20|
|Journal||Le Moyen Age|
|Publication status||Published - 2014|