Although the improvement of specification languages is motivated by methodological concerns, systematic studies of the methodology itself have not yet been undertaken. For specification development basic operators shall be combined into larger development strategies. Therefore a language for expressing and combining development operators is needed. The expected result of this project is an improved understanding of methodologies for computer system specifications, i.e.
- new methods adapted to the formal specification of composite systems
- several levels of reasoning (e.g.\ deontic, temporal etc.) should be integrated in a single semantic framework
- new methodology-oriented structuring concepts for specifications, and the precise definition of their semantics
- the definition of an improved language for expressing methods and development steps.
|Effective start/end date||1/11/93 → 31/10/95|
- composite systems
- software development methodology
- software specification
Explore the research topics touched on by this project. These labels are generated based on the underlying awards/grants. Together they form a unique fingerprint.