Born in 1980 in Athens and raised in the Aegean island of Icaria. Studied physics (BSc) and computational physics (MSc) at Aristotle University of Thessaloniki. Subsequently moved to Athens and Berlin as a PhD scholar. Obtained PhD in Applied Mathematics, for studies of synchronization in complex systems. Started postdoctoral research at Fritz Haber Institute of the Max Planck Society in Berlin and continue at University of Barcelona. Worked as researcher in the Computational Neuroscience group at the University Pompeu Fabra in Barcelona and recently granted the “MOVE-IN Louvain” international fellowship for performing research in complex systems in naXys, Department of Mathematics, UNamur. Belgium.
My research focuses on exploring the interplay between structure and dynamics in chemical and biological networks. In particular, I am interested in understanding the mechanisms with which network connectivity shapes the dynamics and leads to formation of complex patterns of collective behavior, as well as how this spontaneously emergent dynamics can modify the connectivity.
- Interplay of dynamics and structure in complex networks
- Nonlinear dynamics and bifurcation theory
- Self-organization in nonequilibrium systems
- Synchronization and collective dynamics
- Computational neuroscience
- “MOVE-IN Louvain” Incoming post-doc Fellowship, co-funded by the Marie Curie Actions of the European Commission for studying “Self-organization and self-adaptation of complex networks”. naXys, Namur Center for Complex Systems, University of Namur, Department of Mathematics.
1. NCSR “Demokritos” Athens
2. University of Barcelona
3. University of Aberdeen
4. University of Patras
5. Universiteit van Amsterdam
- IKYDA (IKY-DAAD) Exchange Program: “Chimera states in dynamical networks of nonlinear systems” (Coordinator: Dr. J. Hizanidis, NCSR “Demokritos”)
- Scholarship of distinction of year 2008 by the Research Committee of Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece
- Doctoral research scholarship by the Institute of Physical Chemistry (Statistical Mechanics & Complex Dynamical Systems Group in the National Research Center “Demokritos”, Athens, Greece
- Award of excellence by the Greek State Scholarships Foundation (IKY) for performance on the M.Sc. in Computational Physics
- Distinction of every class completed, Department of Physics, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece.
2011: PhD in Physics, National Center for Scientific Research “Demokritos”, Athens, Humboldt University of Berlin and Aristotle University of Thessaloniki.
2006: MSc in Computational Physics, Aristotle University, Thessaloniki.
2004: BSc (4-years) in Physics, Aristotle University, Thessaloniki.
Languages: Greek, English, Spanish, German (B1).